Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A little pregnancy craziness for you...

A couple of weeks or so ago, I was under this cloud of morning sickness(all-day sickness, actually), exhaustion, and general moodiness. One night I burst out crying at the dinner table. This is actually a funny story now, so I'll go ahead and tell it. Joshua was starting to get stressed about whether or not he would be placed in a good school. Now, Joshua is not a worrier. When he does worry, it means the situation is BAD, and with me being sick and tired and moody, it made me stressed. He had Pandora playing while we were eating, and "our" song came on.

QUICK (or not so quick) BACK-STORY:

It's pretty cheesy, but before Joshua and I really started dating... you know, that period of time (which didn't last long for us) where you don't tell the person you like them, but you do everything possible to make yourself seem like the most perfect person on Earth so that they will fall head over heels in love with you and you will live happily ever after? Yeah, during that time... Joshua came over to my apartment and we were hanging out with the rest of our "group," and he sang a few worship songs and then played a couple of love songs. This was the first love song he sang, and my guy friend at the time informed me through Facebook messages that the song was totally intended for me. Sigh. It was sweet and cheesy and pretty much sickening for everyone around us, but I just dearly love the song because of it.

END BACK-STORY

So, the song starts playing and Joshua looks at me and suddenly a peace comes over his face. "Oh, it's the song. You know, everything is gonna be okay." My head hit the table and I started crying. I mean, heaving sobs. The boys looked confused. Joshua ran to get me tissues and tried to console me, but I think I sobbed for a good five minutes straight, but it felt more like ten.

So, I tell you this story so you can get a picture of my craziness during my first trimester. Also, because of the sickness and exhaustion, Joshua did most of the cooking and cleaning... because he's amazing that way.

For the last couple of weeks, though, I've been back to the whole mom and wife thing. I even made cookies after dinner tonight! (I know, supermom material here.) It's nice knowing that I can do my "job" again. :) I'm just so happy to be feeling better. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment